Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher

4 "Never Never Wanted This to End" Stars


Back Cover Blurb -
 
Best friends since they could walk. In love since the age of fourteen.
Complete strangers since this morning.
He'll do anything to remember. She'll do anything to forget.
....................

Wow, what did I just read???



It was late in the night when I picked this book up. I was on the verge of sleep and figured I would read a few pages before I passed out. It is now very early in the morning and I am writing my review after finishing this book! I was completely taken unawares by this book and I loved it.

I have read the Hopeless series by Colleen Hoover and both books 1 and 2 were 3 star reads for me and I have not read a book by Tarryn Fisher, so I really wasn't expecting to like this as much as I did. What a weird, yet compelling story. For a good part of the book, I just kept saying, "What in the fuck??"...but in the best way possible. I wasn't confused because the authors were running the reader in circles or because of bad writing, I was as perplexed as the characters Charlie and Silas and needed to keep reading to figure out what in the hell was going on.

My biggest complaint? The length or should I say, shortness of this book. I suppose I should be happy, it would seem I can finally get some sleep now, but damn...just damn.

Charlie and Silas are both in high school, have friends, have dated off and on again for 4 years, have parents and siblings, but the problem is, they don't remember any of it. Or who they are. Both of them are standing in class one moment and then the next, it is though their memories are wiped clean and they have no idea who or where they are. With everyone watching them with growing skepticism and unease at their unusual behavior, they only have each other to lean on while they try and find out what happened to them and what they really mean to each other. As small clues start to appear and as Charlie and Silas struggle to regain their memories, there is a nagging feeling that they might not actually like the people they once were. With twists and turns at every corner, nothing is as it seems.

Bravo Ms. Hoover and Ms. Fisher, bravo.

I recommend this book
to everyone, it may not be your usual genre, but it is one hell of a read.

Happy Reading, Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment