Thursday, March 26, 2015

Hate F*@k: Part Two by Ainsley Booth

3 "Cole 'No Comment Motherfucker' Parker" Stars

 

Back Cover Blurb -
 
Hailey:
In the blink of an eye, everything changed, and I can’t pretend I don’t need Cole anymore.
He’s my heart and soul, but he’s shut me out, and I’m scared.

Cole:
Keeping Hailey at arms’ length used to be an annoying challenge. Now it’s a matter of life and death.
I want vengeance. And then I want Hailey to be mine, forever.

Final part of the three book Hate F*@k serial. NOT A STANDALONE STORY.
Where do I start?  I think I’m a little at a loss for words right now! That has got to be some kind of first for me.
...................

Okay, Okay…In this second installment of the three part Hate F*@k series, the storyline picks up immediately where part one left off, so you will definitely need to read the first installment to understand what is going on during this one.  If you haven’t read the first one, I highly recommend it, it was one of those rare reads that managed to pull a 5/5 star rating from me and I’m pretty sure that my review of it came across nothing short of me sounding like a raving, gushy, fan girl, because yeah, I liked it that much and I was…. so that is why it PAINS me soooo much to have to say that I wasn’t all that taken with part two. 

A lot of that might have to do with the anticipation and build up that I experienced on waiting to get my hands on the second part and how much I loved the first part, that maybe my expectations were just set too high…maybe.  You have to understand, I was so excited when I finally got my hands on this second part that I actually squee’d. Like literally, I’m pretty sure the sound that emitted from me, as I clutched my iPad to my chest while the book downloaded, sounded very much like, “squeeeeeeeeeeee!”  It wasn’t a sound that I was proud of, but I was pretty damned excited and well, it just couldn’t be helped.  So, I grabbed my fluffy cat, grabbed a blanket, curled up on my sofa and jumped right in.  It’s not that this second part was bad by any means, but it just seemed a bit lackluster in some areas and redundant in others.  As for the romantic aspect of the book or should I say erotic aspect, yeah…that was not lacking in the least.  I found myself actually fast forwarding through a lot of the scenes, just because they were so frequent, I was getting bored with them.  Again, has got to be another first for me!  As for details, I said it for the first installment and I will say it again, THIS IS NOT A BOOK FOR KIDS OR THOSE THAT ARE EASILY OFFENDED OR DO NOT LIKE SEXUAL CONTENT, because you are going to get a butt load (teehee, no pun intended, really) of that in this series, I mean, look at the title of the book.  My poor brain is such gutter trash right now after reading this, that I almost revised my earlier statement of “I grabbed my fluffy cat” because it just sounded so loaded with meaning, but then I couldn’t think of a way to say it that didn’t sound worse…I grabbed my fat kitty?  I grabbed my puffy fur baby? 

Overall, I still like the series and I am happily awaiting part three, but I don’t want to get too excited, because I don’t want to set my expectations too high again, but this one did end the same way as the first and that is with a huge cliff hanger, so if you don’t like those, perhaps you should wait till all three are out and you can read them all together.  Which makes me wonder why this didn’t just come out as one novel all together anyways?  Oh well, different discussion for another day, so yes, I recommend it, but just not with the same ferocity as I did the first part.

Happy reading, until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment